Thursday, April 15, 2010

Movies to watch a million times.


" If he's so weird, why is he wearing Nikes? "


"We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other. "

"It's in my eyes, Marty. It's like that story of the cave. "


"Well I wrote a hit play and directed it so I'm not sweating it either."


"Mrs. Robinson, if you don't mind me saying so, this conversation is getting a little strange."


"He needed me now more than ever, but something had come between us. I'd stopped even paying attention to him. Instead I sat in the car and read a map and spelled out entire sentences with my tongue on the roof of mouth where nobody could read them. "


" What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels’ trumpets and devils’ trombones. You are invited!"


" September 28th, 1997. It is exactly 11am. At the funfair, near the ghost train, the marshmallow twister is twisting. Meanwhile, on a bench in Villette Square, Félix Lerbier learns there are more links in his brain than atoms in the universe. Meanwhile, at the Sacré Coeur, the nuns are practising their backhand. The temperature is 24°C, humidity 70%, atmospheric pressure 990 millibars. "


" I was suicidal as a matter of fact and would have killed myself, but I was in analysis with a strict Freudian, and, if you kill yourself, they make you pay for the sessions you miss. "



What are yours? (I didn't include my guilty pleasures because they are too embarrassing....I'll give you a hint there is one with Diane Lane.)

4 comments:

  1. Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette is on constantly in my apartment. Even if there's no sound!

    Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep always makes me want to make things...

    Igby Goes Down is another favorite. Keiran Culkin in his prime :)

    And Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's good in that depressing sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amelie it is one of my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for smoking
    gloomy sunday
    closer
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would that diane lane movie happen to be under the tuscan sun? if so, that is one of my guilty pleasures, too!

    some of my movies include...
    the virgin suicides
    eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
    stand by me
    fast times at ridgemont high
    almost famous
    breakfast at tiffany's

    anything sofia coppola or cameron crowe is always good in my book. :)

    *hannah

    ReplyDelete